Tuesday, August 16, 2011

3 Weeks

Yesterday marked 3 weeks of changes. I can't tell you how much weight I've lost because I just got my scale in yesterday. I had ignored the problem long enough that I had to order a scale off the internet because the ones at Wal-Mart won't weigh me. Yes, that stings a little. It also makes me feel pretty exposed...but it's no secret that I'm overweight.

So even though I don't know how much weight I've lost, I feel so much better. Yes, I've had my days that I slipped...and yes I felt bad for them. But I've overcome so much in three weeks. All the wonderfully delicious cheesy, greasy food I used to LOVE no longer even looks appetizing. I actually tried eating something this weekend that used to be a favorite of mine. Macho Nachos...home fried potato chips covered in queso, bbq sauce, and ground beef. And then usually I would get a side of feta dressing or ranch dressing to dip my chips in. I couldn't eat but about a quarter of what I got Saturday. The amount of grease and fat just made me sick to my stomach...which made me sad because I LOVE those things. Then I decided to just shoot the rest of my ranch dressing (which in the past was not a problem at all) and I almost puked.

So, even if I've gone these three weeks and not lost any weight...I've definitely made some big changes and there has definitely been progress. It's still not easy...and I'm sure it won't be any easier in 3 more weeks...but I can't wait to see how far I've come in 3 more weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment